The Potatoes NZ conference (26-27 July in Pukekohe) has lots of relevant, engaging content for growers and exporters, so we’d love to see you there.
We’re sure you will be keen to hear from the following industry leaders and influencers…
- Health & Safety – Al McCone from WorkSafe will be discussing Demystifying Health & Safety at Work and providing a How to: Health and Safety session. This is a great opportunity to ask Al any pressing questions you may have.
- Voluntary Export Standards – Mel Dingle from Market Access Solutionz will be talking about how we can work together to improve the quality of fresh potato exports to Fiji (our largest fresh potato export market). Mel will also lead a How to: Export Standards Technical Panel Formation session.
- Biosecurity – Steve Gilbert (Director Border Clearance Services at MPI) will discuss Biosecurity and how we can work together pre-border, border and post-border to protect the potato and wider primary industries. Gisele Irvine will also run a How to: Potatoes Biosecurity Management Plan session, providing practical advice for growers and exporters alike.
- Psyllid Management – Dr Charles Merfield will be discussing using mesh crop covers to prevent psyllid damage, amongst other sustainable techniques.
- Seed Potato Rules – Dr Nigel Crump the General Manager for ViCSPA (an industry-based organisation, that operates the seed potato certification Scheme in South Australia, Victoria and northern New South Wales). He will be discussing seed rules and their implications for growers.